Mya Smith-Edmonds, a native of Houston, Texas, is the first female African-American Next Generation McDonald’s owner/operator, owning seven McDonald’s Restaurants in Central Indiana. Served as a Board Member for the Greater Indiana Operators. Served as President, Vice President & Secretary of the Central Indiana Black McDonald’s Operators Association.
- Smith-Edmonds was awarded a Proclamation declaring an official day to be named after her; the “Myasha “Mya” Smith-Edmonds Day” by the Mayor of the City of Houston Sylvester Turner
- Smith-Edmonds was awarded “Woman of the Year” by PBMA, in which she received recognition from United States Congresswomen Sheila Jackson Lee and Sylvia Garcia, Mayor of the City of Houston Sylvester Turner and Houston City Council At-Large, Position 4 Amanda K. Edwards
- Recognize by Global Trade Chamber as one of the 100 Most Successful Women Around the World in Business
- Recognized in & on the Cover of CORE Magazine as a CORE 100 Most Influential Blacks Today - February 2021
- Honored as one of the Top 30 Influential Women of Houston
- Recognized as a SUPER TRAILBLAZER Top 50 Professionals and Entrepreneurs (P&E) of Texas
- Trailblazer Award for the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO Indianapolis)
- Received a Humanitarian Award from SME recognized by the Mayor of the City of Houston Sylvester Turner
- Received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Mayor of the City of Indianapolis Joseph H Hogsett and Chief of Police Randal Taylor
- Recipient of the “Faith Award”
- Recipient of the Galore “Distinction Award”
- Recipient of the “Opulence Award”
- Featured in the DMARS Magazine for being awarded as one of the Top 30 Influential Women of Houston
- Featured in & On the COVER of PURPOSE Magazine and Featured on The Billboard in New York City, NY – Times Square
- Featured in & On the COVER of VIP Global Magazine and recognized as one of the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business; covered in Black Enterprise and Morning Star…
- Featured in & On the COVER of Global Trade Chamber Business Magazine May 2021 Edition
- Featured in SHEEN Magazine, Style Magazine, Multiple Streams Magazine, Indy Metro Magazine...and More…
- Will be Featured on the COVER of CORE Magazine Q3 Issue as the APEX of Business
- Will Be Featured on the COVER of Multiple Streams Magazine August 2021
At 13, Smith-Edmonds began working at her father’s McDonald’s where she developed her strong work ethic, accountability, discipline and focus. Smith-Edmonds graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Houston with a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and minor in African- American Studies. She went on to become a Certified Public Accountant at Deloitte & Touche, one of the largest accounting firms in the world.
During her career development years, Smith-Edmonds earned various awards as a Program Director with KCOH Radio Station and numerous more as an Independent Business Owner with Ameriplan USA. Committed to helping others build their businesses utilizing biblical principles, Smith-Edmonds was awarded the honor of becoming the youngest National Sales Director and earned the privilege of speaking on several panels during the yearly Ameriplan National Conventions.
In 2008, Smith-Edmonds embarked on her ultimate dream; following in her father’s footsteps and becoming a successful McDonald’s Owner.
During her required 2-5-year program, which she completed with highest honors on every level, she became a General Manager and was awarded the Ray Kroc Award, an achievement earned by the top 1% performers in the McDonald’s system.
Smith-Edmonds is the Co-Founder/Vice President of the non-profit organization The Smith Foundation, Inc. whose mission is to send children to college, provide food for those in need, provide Christmas toys and supply school supplies for underprivileged students and communities.
Smith-Edmonds is a Real Estate Investor and Developer.
Smith-Edmonds is grateful and inspired to continue to be a blessing to others and the Kingdom of God. She is a public speaker and has a genuine heart and special love for children. She enjoys coordinating community give-a-ways with local businesses and avidly supporting empowerment youth programs like Ladies of Great Purpose and the Positive Black Male Association “Reaching Youth Everywhere RYE Program.”
Smith-Edmonds is Co-Author of the books:
- “When Married Women Speak!”
- “Lessons from COVID 19 (2020) - 26 Stories One Pandemic” - Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
- “Prayers For The Boss Babes - Volume 2” - Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
- “100 Most Successful Women Around the World in Business”
What she loves most is serving God and being a wife to her amazing husband.